Thursday, July 8, 2004

Dreaming

I rarely remember my dreams, but last night I had one that stuck with me.  In the dream I had a slice on my finger tip, it was painful, and I was in the upstairs bathroom of our former house at 704 West Broadway, trying to find a band-aid to put over the wound.  Try as I might, I couldn't find a band-aid that would fit.  When I would find one that seemed as though it would work, I'd unwrap it, and then peel off the backing to expose the sticky part.  But when I would try to wrap it around my finger the adhesive would grow longer, wider, and the wrapping would get askew, and the result was not the nice pressure you want from a band-aid, it was loose.  So I would have to start all over again.  There were some very peculiarly shaped band-aids in this dream, too, some with tiny little pads, like the pads on the bottom of a cassette tape and adhesive parts shaped like butterfly wings. 

Couldn't write last night so I watched several episodes from the first season of 24, which my co-worker Darla has loaned me.  I suppose when you see the show as it was originally aired, once a week rather than several episodes at a sitting, and interrupted with commercials, it might be a completely different experience.  However, although I think the incidents in the show are interesting, I don't have much of an emotional stake in the outcome.  I hope the best for Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), but his daughter--just want to slap some sense into her.

No comments: