Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Make It STOP!

Once again, what passes for political discourse in this country, as the election date nears, ad-hominem attacks, smears and rancor dominate.  I've already made up my mind.  This administration has been a complete disaster.  They care more about their own power than they do about government.  Soundrels through and through--their motives are to line their own pockets and those of their friends and allies.  Never in my memory has the power and treasure grab been so cynical and so transparent.  However, I'm not sure it would be much different in an administration helmed by Hillary R Clinton or John McCain.  It's lovely to think so.

I want to go to sleep and wake up the Wednesday after next Tuesday.

My mood has been extremely labile lately.  Thoughts of death recently.  This morning I had a second hearing test.  My left ear has a hearing deficit, and when such deficits are asymmetrical, it raises the possibility of a tumor in the ear canal.  My reaction upon hearing this?  Joy.

That's not normal.

I felt better contemplating a plan for the future.  Starting tomorrow I'm going to rise one hour earlier (accounting for the hour that we gained when we switched to daylight savings time) and strive to write an hour a day from 7:20 to 8:20.  No e-mail, no blogging: fiction.  One hour.  It's not so much to ask, is it?

But I've been so terribly blocked the past few months.  I can't seem to summon the motivation to write in the evenings.  So I'm going to try it in the morning, when I'm fresh...

No comments: