Thursday, August 25, 2005

So much for a daily entry

So much for a daily entry.  Nice to recommit to failure.  Oh well.  Some good things have been happening.  I did get a green light for the teaching job.  So if you live in the Seattle area and want to work on polishing up that novel you've got sitting in the closet, come and participate. 

In other news, Dad sent me two family heirlooms: the table he made in manual arts (high school) and my grandfather's desk.  The desk is a depression era Chippendale style cherrywood secretary which is completely gorgeous.  I am thrilled to have both pieces.  But now I have to make some hard decisions about what stays in my small apartment and what goes.  I think the massive blondewood hutch is going.  It was always too big for the place anyway.

Inside the secretary:  a white button, a blue poker chip, a book of matches from New Orleans, a spool of thread, a box of toothpicks, and a $5 bill, series 1988.

No comments: