Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What are these piercing sounds I keep hearing?

At home this morning, as I wait to give access to my unit to the folks who are coming by to clean out the dryer vents.  At the same time, the folks who test the fire sensors are also here, and every few minutes, they're giving off short, powerful sonic bursts which startle and annoy, like firecrackers or gunshots.  I put my earplugs back in and that cuts the startle factor down to a manageable level.

So much has happened in the world since last I blogged.  Clutter expurgation has occupied my free time.  It is amazing how much junk accumulates from move to move to move, until you're swimming in useless crap.  Yet, sorting through it is so onerous that you're just willing to throw it into a box and take it with you on the off chance that you just might need one of the items inside for something someday.

As a very wise coworker said, "I can afford to replace something much more easily than I can afford the square footage."  Words to live by. 

No comments: